BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Tuesday, Sept. 15, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 158,318 total cases - 426 new cases
- 5,108 total deaths - 26 new deaths
- 667 patients in hospitals - increase of 3 patients
- 99 patients on ventilators - decrease of 6 patients
- 140,440 patients recovered - no change
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Sept. 7 and Sept. 14.
- 86% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- People aged 29 and under represent 34% of these cases.
- 29% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Monday, Sept. 14, 12,659 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,091,023.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
Governor John Bel Edwards said during a news conference Thursday, Sept. 10, that Thursday marks six months since the first case of COVID-19 was confirmed in Louisiana. He also announced Louisiana would move to Phase 3 beginning Friday, Sept. 11 but the statewide mask mandate would remain in place.
Click here to report a typo.