SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - A lot of you are worried about where your next paycheck will be coming from, now that the coronavirus pandemic caused a massive spike in unemployment. It has also forced some stores to hire more employees.
Many places like grocery stores and fast food restaurants said they were in desperate need of temporary worker to get through the pandemic.
Here are a few locations that have said they plan on hiring more people.
Amazon – Right now Amazon said it wanted to hire 100,000 workers for delivery and warehouse positions. They’ve seen a dramatic increase in purchases since the pandemic started.
Dollar General – Dollar General said they have 50,000 spots available they would like to fill by the end of April.
If you’d like to learn more about how to apply for these jobs click the links above on any of these companies.
- Gov. Edwards issues stay-at-home order effective March 23
- What You Need To Know: Confirmed COVID-19 cases in the ArkLaTex
- Essential employees in Louisiana now eligible for child care assistance
- Bossier schools end grab-and-go meals; effective Tuesday
- Caddo Schools cancel grab-and-go meals amid stay-at-home order
- Homeschooling tips during the coronavirus crisis