Willis-Knighton sets further restrictions for visitors
Published: Mar. 19, 2020 at 7:03 PM CDT
SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - In an effort to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Willis-Knighton Health System has issued further restrictions for visitors.
Starting on at 5 p.m. on Friday, March 20, everyone entering a Willis-Knighton hospital will be screened.
Restrictions at this time are:
- General Adult Hospital Visitors: No visitors are permitted at this time.
- Labor & Delivery Patients: One visitor is permitted.
- NICU-PICU-Pediatrics: Two visitors may be authorized to visit during the hospital stay, but only one visitor may visit each day, with swap-out of the two visitors permitted once during the day.
- End of Life Care: Exceptions may be made per administrative staff for clergy and family.
- Patients Undergoing Medically Necessary Outpatient Procedures or Testing: One visitor may accompany a patient who is undergoing sedation. The visitor will wait in a waiting area until the patient is recovered and can be driven home. Visitors must meet undergo screening.
- Entrances: Emergency entrances continue to be open 24/7 to patients and those authorized to enter. Other entrances at each facility are open to employees and physicians, and screening is required for all who enter.
Copyright 2020 KSLA. All rights reserved.