Weekly Report: Arkansas Dept. of Health monitoring COVID-19
A weekly update on the coronavirus outbreak in Arkansas, as well as links to local and national stories, and tips on prevention and care.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KAIT) - The Arkansas Department of Health is monitoring the spread of COVID-19 weekly.
As of Tuesday, Sept. 27, according to the ADH website, in the last 7 days there were:
- 4,286 new cases
- 950,441 total cases of COVID-19 in Arkansas
- 5,667 total active cases (-2,320)
- 932,420 recoveries
- 12,106 total deaths (+89)
- 265 currently hospitalized (-31)
- 12 on ventilators (-8)
- 4,362,858 vaccination doses given (+15,377)
- 289,566 partially immunized (+557)
- 1,667,078 fully immunized (+2,104)
- 7,530,010 tests reported
- 6,556,526 negative tests reported
The counties with the most new cases in the last 7 days:
- Pulaski: 459
- Washington: 208
- Benton: 189
Region 8 counties reporting positive cases of COVID-19 include:
Nursing Homes: The ADH last updated the COVID-19 cases in Arkansas nursing homes on May 23, 2022. To view that report, click here.
The ADH has released an interactive map of COVID-19′s spread throughout the state, including the number of cases, recoveries, and deaths by county.
For a national county-by-county interactive map, based on per capita COVID-19 cases, go here: https://bit.ly/COVIDpercapita »
For questions concerning the coronavirus, the ADH has established a call center staffed by health care providers.
Between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., those with urgent and non-urgent questions should call 1-800-803-7847.
After 4:30 p.m., urgent calls needing an immediate response should call 501-661-2136.
- March 11, 2020: Gov. Asa Hutchinson announces the first “presumptive case” of coronavirus in the state.
- March 19, 2020: Craighead County records its first case of COVID-19.
- March 24, 2020: First death reported in Arkansas
- April 9, 2020: Jonesboro orders emergency COVID-19 curfew
- April 15, 2020: First COVID-19 death reported in Craighead County
Copyright 2022 KAIT. All rights reserved.