Caddo Parish schools layout plan during school closures due to Coronavirus
CADDO PARISH, La. (KSLA) - After the governor of Louisiana announced statewide school closures, Caddo Schools Superintendent Lamar Goree laid out the school district’s plan for the next few weeks.
All activities, including sporting events, are canceled.
All students from K-12 will be provided with a ‘virtual platform’ while schools are out. A survey will be sent to families following Spring Break. The district will provide devices, such as Chromebooks, for learning. Teachers will teach them on the devices.
While students are out, Caddo will open certain schools to operate as feeding sites from March 16 to April 13. Those schools are:
- Caddo Middle Magnet
- Caddo Heights Elementary School
- C.E. Byrd High School
- Caddo Magnet High School
- Captain Shreve High School
- Fair Park Middle School
- Cherokee Park Elementary School
- Green Oaks High School
- Herndon Magnet School
- Jack P. Timmons Elementary School
- J.S. Clark Elementary School
- Judson Magnet School
- Keithville Elementary/Middle School
- North Caddo Elementary/Middle School
- Northwood High School
- Oak Park Middle School
- Ridgewood Middle School
- Turner Elementary/Middle School
- University Elementary School
- Walnut Hill Elementary/Middle School
- Westwood Elementary School
- Woodlawn High School
“While schools may be closed across our district, we know the needs do not cease,” Goree said in a news release. “We are excited to continue to provide our families with access to healthy, nutritious meals even during these unprecedented times.”
For more information on how Caddo is addressing the coronavirus (COVID-19) across the district, visit www.caddoschools.org/coronavirus.
Copyright 2020 KSLA. All rights reserved.