BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - Lots of LSU fans in Baton Rouge took advantage of a photo opp with the national championship trophy.
The trophy was available at two locations in Baton Rouge the week of the win for fans to pose with. The trophy traveled to the Rouses on Arlington Creek and the Walmart on College Drive.
The trophy stands 26.5 in tall and weighs 50 lbs. It was handcrafted out of 24k gold, bronze, and stainless steel by the master fine art foundry, Polich Tallix, in Rock Taven, N.Y. It took three months to craft the trophy.
Each winning school keeps the national championship trophy for permanent display on campus. A new trophy is made every year.
- Are the 2019 LSU Tigers the best team in college football history?
- VIDEO: Joe Burrow celebrates LSU’s National Championship victory by smoking cigar
- LSU fan starts GoFundMe to buy Clemson mascot new outfit after numerous jokes about its appearance
- GET THE GAT: Watch the national champions locker room celebration
- Parade planned, mayor to present LSU Tigers with key to city after CFP National Championship win
The trophy is presented by Dr. Pepper and was awarded to the LSU Tigers as national college football champions after their 42-25 win over Clemson.
The trophy also made a special stop at the Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital, where patients and staff got the chance to take pictures.