Smoke detector safety

Smoke detector safety
A man testing a smoke detector with a red warning light in a house. (Source: rclassenlayouts)

SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - If you are using a space heater never plug it into an extension cord experts say.

Smoke detector safety

Experts also say you should never use ovens or stovetops to generate heat.

The easiest way to keep your family safe is to have a working smoke detector according to Shreveport Fire Chief Keith Murray.

Every year you should get your heating and cooling system checked.

Copyright 2019 KSLA. All rights reserved.