(Gray News) – Memorial Day is a time to honor those who died serving the United States and to display the flag they represent with care.
Here are some mistakes to avoid with the American flag:
- Fly the flag at half-staff from sunrise until noon on Memorial Day, in honor of the nation’s battle heroes
- Never let the flag touch the ground
- Don’t hang the flag upside down
- Avoid flying the flag in the dark
- If two flags are on one pole, put the American flag on top
- When flying multiple flags on different poles, fly the American flag on the tallest pole, if one is taller
- Avoid flying the flag in poor weather
When you treat the flag with respect, you also pay respect to those who gave the flag its pride.