BOSSIER CITY, LA (KSLA) - The 2019 Peace Officers Memorial Ceremony was held Wednesday, May 15, in Bossier City. It began at 11 a.m. at the Bossier Civic Center, located at the Bossier City Municipal Complex.
The ceremony is held each year in conjunction with National Police Week.
This year, it is being held on National Peace Officers Memorial Day.
According to the Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office, the following agencies will be represented:
- Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Bossier City Police Department
- Shreveport Police Department
- Louisiana State Police Troop G
- Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
- Bossier City Marshals Office
- Shreveport Marshals Office
President John F. Kennedy proclaimed May 15 of each year as Peace Officers Memorial Day in honor of the federal, state and municipal officers who have been killed or disabled in the line of duty. The proclamation was made in 1962.
The public is welcome to attend.