“CHRISTUS Health would like to thank all of our patients, their families, local business owners and leaders in the communities we serve for their support during our negotiations with Cigna,” the health organization posted on its website.
“We realize this situation caused concern, and we are thankful for a resolution that allows us to continue to provide care close to home for all those who need high quality, compassionate care.”
The deal announced today means CHRISTUS Health’s in-network status will be restored retroactively to the date its contracts ended, which vary by facility.
- CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital - Tyler
- CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital - Jacksonville
- CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital - Winnsboro
FEB. 20: CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
MARCH 1: CHRISTUS Good Shepherd (Longview and Marshall)
- CHRISTUS Shreveport -Bossier
- CHRISTUS St. Michael
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System
- CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital-Sulphur Springs
- CHRISTUS Spohn
- CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
- CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini
- CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick & Lake Area
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Physician Ambulatory Surgery Center - New Braunfels
Claims that have been processed as out-of-network since these dates will be reprocessed as in-network at a lower cost to Cigna customers.
CHRISTUS now is reaching out to Cigna members who visited a CHRISTUS facility or caregiver while the system was out of network to discuss the process for paying and adjusting their bills.
Patients with questions should call their facility.
They also can call Cigna’s toll-free customer service line (800) 244-6224 if they have questions or need further assistance.