(KSLA) - The following are current boil advisories in the ArkLaTex.
This list is updated as information is provided to KSLA News 12 by water systems and municipal officials.
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back for updates.
A boil advisory has been issued for East Central Bossier Water System. The water temporarily was shut off so crews could repair a leak in a three-inch pipeline on Seven Pines Road, according to Larry Landry, public utilities director for the Bossier Parish Police Jury. Areas impacted by the shutoff were Scarborough Road east of Butler Hill Road, including Scarborough Lane and Ellie Lane, and east to Seven Pines Road south of Scarborough Road.
- A boil advisory has been issued for all customers of the Town of Arcadia water system.
- A boil advisory is in effect for all customers of the Eastern Cass Water Supply water system in Atlanta, Texas.
- The boil notice issued Oct. 24 for the City of Hooks, Texas, and Burns Red Bank Water Supply has been lifted.
- Eastern Cass Water Supply Corp. has issued a boil order for some of its customers in the rural Atlanta, Texas, area. Impacted are those on Farm-to-Market Road 1841 between Cass County Road 4672 and Cass County Road 4682 as well as customers along Cass County Road 4648 and Cass County Road 4682. The order has been issued because a construction crew breached a pipeline.
- The Village of Clarence has issued a system-wide boil notice. The notice is in place due to a break in a pipe near the water main.
- Oil City Waterworks System has issued a boil notice for all of its customers. The notice is due to the replacement of high-service pumps at the water treatment facility.
- The City of Hooks, Texas, has issued a boil notice. The city’s water supply will be turned off at 1 p.m. to allow workers to fix an issue with the city’s water hydrants.
- South DeSoto Water System has issued a boil advisory following a loss of pressure after a power outage.
- The Town of Haughton has lifted the boil advisory.
- A boil advisory has been issued for water customers in Haughton’s Tuscany subdivision. A contractor cut a pipeline, the town reports. Crews were working Thursday to repair the pipeline.
- A boil advisory has been issued for water customers in the Natchitoches Parish village of Clarence. The advisory, which remains in effect until further notice, is due to a pipeline break along Patricia Drive.
It is recommended that all consumers disinfect their water before consuming it (including fountain drinks), making ice, brushing teeth or using it for food preparation or rinsing of foods by the following means:
Boil water for one (1) full minute in a clean container. The minute starts after the water has been brought to a rolling boil. (The flat taste can be eliminated by shaking the water in a clean bottle, pouring it from one clean container to another or by adding a pinch of salt to each quart of water that is boiled).