(KSLA) - Following are current boil advisories in the ArkLaTex.
This list is updated as information is provided to KSLA News 12 by water systems and municipal officials.
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back for updates.
A water boil advisory will be in effect starting 09/23/2019 for some members of the Village Water System in the Princeton area. Because of a water line repair on the main line that feeds your area, the water will be turned off at approximately 9 AM and should be back on in approximately 2 to 3 hours or until the job is completed.
The boil advisory includes areas: 5414 to 5694 Highway 80, all of Walnut Ridge Lane (apartments), all of Garrison Road. The advisory has been issued as a precaution after the water will be turned off to fix the water line and will be in effect until further notice.
The Natchitoches Parish village of Clarence has issued a boil advisory for its water customers. And service has been disrupted to customers along parts of Clark Road. The advisory and water outage are due to a contractor striking a main pipeline while working on a bridge on Clark Road, Mayor Tamala Chatman said. It is not yet known how long it will take the repair the pipeline and restore service to those who have no water, she said.
The boil advisory issued Sept. 12 for part of Bossier City has been lifted. It impacted residences and businesses along Shed Road between Airline Drive and Ronald Street.
- A boil advisory has been issued for some residents and businesses in Bossier City. It’s due to low water pressure in the wake of a pipeline break along Shed Road between Airline Drive and Ronald Street.
- The boil advisory issued Sept. 5 for South Claiborne Water System has been lifted.
- A boil advisory has been issued for two water systems in Keithville — Eagle Water System and Colworth Place Water System.
- The boil advisory issued Sept. 5 for Linda Lane Water System in Blanchard has been lifted.
- Linda Lane Water System in Blanchard has issued a boil advisory “... due to a system repair.”
- South Claiborne Water System has issued a boil advisory for its customers from Mulnix Switch Road to St. John Road, from St John Road to Louisiana Highway 146 and from St. John Road west to Louisiana Highway 9. The advisory is due to a break in a 6-inch pipeline at the Liles station.
- The Claiborne Parish town of Homer has lifted the boil advisory issued Sept. 3. The advisory was issued as a precaution after town crews repaired a water leak.
The town of Homer, La., has issued a boil advisory for its customers. The advisory has been issued as a precaution after town crews repaired a water leak.
- Village Water System has issued a water boil advisory for some of its customers in the Minden area. Impacted are those on St. James Church and Barbeque roads and those from 9226 to 9762 on U.S. Highway 80. The advisory is due to an emergency repair to the main pipeline.
- Eagle Water System in Keithville has lifted its boil advisory.
It is recommended that all consumers disinfect their water before consuming it (including fountain drinks), making ice, brushing teeth or using it for food preparation or rinsing of foods by the following means:
Boil water for one (1) full minute in a clean container. The minute starts after the water has been brought to a rolling boil. (The flat taste can be eliminated by shaking the water in a clean bottle, pouring it from one clean container to another or by adding a pinch of salt to each quart of water that is boiled).