Boil orders and advisories in the ArkLaTex
(KSLA) — Following are current boil advisories in the ArkLaTex.
This list is updated as information is provided to KSLA News 12 by water systems and municipal officials.
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back for updates as notices are issued and lifted.
The town of Greenwood has issued a boil advisory for all of its water customers. The advisory was issued as a result of repairs due to a mechanical issue that interrupted service Sunday, Aug. 1. The boil advisory is expected to remain in place until Wednesday, Aug. 4, according to a post on the Caddo Parish town’s Facebook page. “We are also asking that you please conserve water today only, Sunday, Aug. 1, in order to help the water system regain pressure at a faster rate.”
- The Caddo Parish village of Hosston has issued a boil advisory for its 250 or so water customers due to a broken chlorinator. The boil advisory likely will remain in place until at least Monday, Aug. 2 as the village waits for its water to be tested, Mayor Kim Jaynes said.
- Central Claiborne Water System said it will issue a boil advisory for some of its customers due to a broken pipeline on Bella Vista Road. Areas impacted by the water outage and boil advisory are Bream Island Road, Bella Vista Loop, Bella Vista Road, Bogus Lane, Breeze Lane, Claiborne Hills Road, Featherston Road, Jane Drive, Kelly Lane, McVicker Road, Odom Lane, Seth Lane and Wingert Lane.
Central Claiborne Water System has lifted the boil advisory issued for Airport Loop.
TIPS FOR BOILING WATER
- It is recommended that all consumers in the impacted areas disinfect their water before consuming it. This includes water used for fountain drinks, making ice, brushing teeth or used in food preparation or rinsing of foods.
- Boil water for one (1) full minute in a clean container. The minute starts after the water has been brought to a rolling boil.
- The flat taste can be eliminated by shaking the water in a clean bottle, pouring it from one clean container to another or by adding a pinch of salt to each quart of water that is boiled.
Copyright 2021 KSLA. All rights reserved.