SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - The cousin of a suspect accused in the murder of a Shreveport police officer admitted to being present and took investigators to the murder weapon, according to SPD documents provided to KSLA Investigates.
Officials say Anderson was in a relationship with Payne and they have a child together.
- Shreveport officer killed in shooting
- Shreveport police hold news conference after officer’s death
- Shreveport police identify officer killed in shooting; suspect sought
- Funeral arrangements released for Shreveport Officer Chatéri Payne
- Captain Shreve High School remembers fallen SPD Officer, Chatéri Payne
- Airport glows blue in honor of fallen Shreveport officer
Anderson, Pierre and Glenn Frierson were arrested on 2nd degree murder charges in connection to Payne’s death. Pierre implicated Frierson for being present during the murder.
Pierre also brought investigators to where he hid the murder weapon.