Medical Examiner: “Hale would’ve had seconds, minutes at most to live”

Medical Examiner: “Hale would’ve had seconds, minutes at most to live”
Bradley G. Hale, 20

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - The third day of testimony in the murder trial of Airman 1st Class Isaiah Edwards included some of the most graphic testimony of the trial.

Edwards, 20, is accused of stabbing his roommate, Airman 1st Class Bradley Hale, to death inside their quarters while on deployment last March at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam.

Both Hale and Edwards were assigned to the 2nd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron as Electronic Warfare Journeymen

On Monday morning, jury members heard testimony from the medical examiner who performed the autopsy on A1C Bradley Hale. One by one, the medical examiner walked the jury through photos taken during the autopsy, showing of the injuries on Hale’s body.

In total, there were 11 cuts to his neck as well as multiple abrasions, bruising and scrapes to his body. According to the testimony the bruising on his face, was caused by blunt force to his head area.

The medical examiner determined Hale’s cause of death to be from multiple sharp force injuries. Three of those injuries in the form of slashes on his neck with cuts to his carotid artery, jugular, trachea and Adam’s apple.

According to the medical examiner, Hale would’ve had seconds, minutes at most to live following those slashes.

In addition, the medical examiner testified that there were cuts found on Hale’s left and right hands. In her opinion Hale received those cuts in an attempt to defend himself.

The jury also heard testimony from a DNA expert who tested blood and DNA found at the alleged crime scene and on the alleged murder weapon — a pocket knife located near Hale’s body.

Also called to the stand was a Loss Prevention worker from the Andersen Air Force Base’s Base Exchange, who showed video and a receipt of Edwards purchasing what’s believed to be the alleged murder weapon on March 22, 2018 — just days before Hale’s murder.

KSLA News 12 has been in the courtroom monitoring these proceedings since they began last Monday and will continue to do so until the trial comes to an end.

Copyright 2019 KSLA. All rights reserved.