Major Pat Simon is a staff member of the Command Group in the Louisiana Army National Guard.
He has been activated to serve with the 225th Engineer Brigade in Iraq in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
A native of Lafayette, Louisiana, Major Simon entered military service in September 1987 as an Army infantry soldier. He successfully completed Army Infantry Basic Training at Fort Benning,Georgia in December 1987. He was then assigned to A Co., 3/327th Infantry Division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. A short time later, he entered into the Army's "Green to Gold" program and returned home to Baton Rouge, Louisiana where he enrolled in LSU's R.O.T.C. program and joined the Louisiana Army National Guard. He was commissioned as Second Lieutenant in May 1990. He served in various leadership positions including commander of the 241st Public Affairs Detachment.
1990 Bachelors Degree, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1990 Distinguished Military Graduate, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge,Louisiana
1991 Honor Graduate, Army Officer Basic Course, Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indianapolis, Indiana
1995 Graduate, Army Officer Advanced Course, Fort Jackson, South Carolina
2000 Graduate, Army Combined Arms Services and Staff School, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
2005 Graduate, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
MAJOR DUTY ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 1995 - December 1998 - Commander, 241st Public Affairs Detachment, Jackson Barracks, New Orleans, Louisiana
2. December 1998 - June 2006 - Deputy Public Affairs Officer, Louisiana Army National Guard, Jackson Barracks, New Orleans, Louisiana
3. July 2006 - November 2007 - Public Affairs Officer, North Carolina National Guard, Raleigh, North Carolina
4. November 2007 - June 2008 - Civil Affairs Officer, 130th Combat Support Brigade, Charlotte, North Carolina
5. July 2008 - Present - Command Group Staff member, Louisiana Army National Guard, Camp Beauregard, Pineville, Louisiana
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Army Commendation Award (2)
Army Achievement Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Louisiana Longevity Medal
Louisiana Cold War Victory Medal
President Benjamin Harrrison Army Physical Fitness Award
First Place - Television News Reporting - National Guard Keith L.Ware Award