SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - A Thursday night fire damaged two apartments in west Shreveport.
Shreveport firefighters responded to the Tree Top Apartments on Raspberry Lane just after 9:30 pm.
Firefighters say a resident in Building 14 stepped out of the apartment while there was grease cooking on the stove.
"It's pretty heavy fire damage in there, really heavy smoke damage," said Shreveport Fire Department Spokesman Scott Wolverton. "We had to tear some of the ceiling out to ensure the fire didn't extend into the attics, so they're pretty much damaged. They're not livable at all tonight."
No one was injured in the fire.