BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Think it's hot outside? Try being stuck inside a chimney from 2:00 am until noon Wednesday.
That's what happened to a man who police believe got stuck while trying to break in to a catering business through the chimney.
The owner of the business showed up around noon and heard the man screaming for help. The business, "The Place" on Florida Boulevard near Foster, was closed. The owner just happened to show up to check on a few things when he heard the man's pleas.
Baton Rouge firefighters lowered a rope down the chimney and slowly pull him out. He was covered from head to toe with soot.
Paramedics treated the man at the scene before bringing him to a hospital for treatment.
Baton Rouge police later identified the suspect as 38-year-old Dong Nguyen.