Two Children Burned in House Fire - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

SHREVEPORT, LA

Two Children Burned in House Fire

  An electrical cord from an air conditioner sparked a fire in mattress that left two Shreveport children with burns Friday morning.
  Shreveport firefighters say the two girls--who both appeared to be under the age of 10--were asleep in a bedroom of a home in the 1400 block of W. Kirby Place when the fire broke out.
  Firefighters responded immediately after getting the call at 6:11 a.m., but, by then, the two children had already suffered minor burns on their legs.  They were taken to LSU Hospital by ambulance.
  Everyone else who was inside the home got out without any injuries.
  Story by Katrina Webber
Powered by WorldNow