Who is a candidate?
- If you desire to improve the surface quality of your skin.
- If you want to decrease fine lines, acne scars or brown spots.
- If you have had other resurfacing procedures such as laser resurfacing and wish to keep your results at an optimal level.
- Microdermabrasion is performed using a series of treatments to refresh the skin. Being on a good skin care routine prior to initiating the peels will optimize the results.
- Microdermabrasion can help soften fine lines and mild acne scars as well as help decrease irregular pigmentation.
- It may also be used on new surgical scars to help decrease the visibility of the scar.
- Special goggles will be worn to protect the eyes and then the face will be cleansed.
- A small wand is used to abrade the skin with tiny sand-like particles. The treatment sings slightly, and feels like sandpaper being gently rubbed onto the skin.
- The "sand" may be left on your hair and clothes after the treatment.
Recuperation and Healing
- Your face will be slightly red when leaving. A good moisturizer should be applied immediately after the treatment. You should keep your skin protected from the sun with a good sunscreen.
- Skin care products, except cleanser and moisturizer, should be avoided for several days to prevent irritation.