FotoFacial Treatments are full face, neck and/or chest treatments using pulses of visible light that effectively improve facial redness and flushing as well as the visible signs of sun damage and aging. FotoFacial Treatments were developed and first introduced by Board Certified dermatologist, Patrick Bitter Jr. MD as a non-invasive method to rejuvenate and improve skin with no downtime. A non-laser medical device (MultiLight and Vasculight from ESC medical) is used to deliver a series of gentle pulses of light to the skin. Specific settings are selected for each treatment to maximize improvement. A series of five or more treatments are performed at three-week intervals. The benefits of FotoFacial Treatments are consistent, visible improvement in the skin with no downtime, little discomfort and minimal risk. With FotoFacial treatments for the first time the embarrassing redness and flushing of rosacea can be dramatically reduced and sun damaged, aging skin can be noticeably improved.
FotoFacial Treatments are beneficial in the treatment of the following:
1. Treatments effectively reduce redness and flushing
2. Sun damage (Photo-aging). Treatments reduce fine wrinkling, freckling and irregular pigmentation
3. Treatments smooth skin and reduce pores
4. Treatments reduce irregular pigment and even skin tone
5. Rosacea - FotoFacial Treatments reduce the overall redness, flushing and dilated capillaries and improve the breakouts of this common chronic facial condition
What areas can be treated?
FotoFacial Treatments can be used on any part of the skin. They are especially effective for improving the appearance of the face, neck and chest.
What results can I expect?
You can expect to see a gradual decrease in overall redness, flushing and dilated capillaries. People with visible aging from the sun can expect to see their skin become smoother with a decrease in fine wrinkles, reduction in pore size and fading of sunspots. Many people with rosacea see an improvement in breakouts and are able to decrease or discontinue their medications.
What are Treatments like?
Each treatment takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes. A mild amount of discomfort can be expected. People with more sensitive skin may prefer to use a topical anesthetic cream. When the cream is used prior to treatment there is almost no discomfort. Immediately following a treatment, the skin may appear red and flushed and tiny capillaries may appear more visible. Brown spots generally appear darker. All of these changes gradually fade over a period of hours to a few days and there should be no discomfort.
How soon will I see results?
After your first treatment, your skin will feel smoother and will have a more even tone. These improvements are gradual and will be more visible after each treatment. Five treatments are performed for optimal results. Some patients will benefit from additional treatments.
Are you a candidate for FotoFacial Treatments?
The best candidates for FotoFacial Treatments are:
- People who suffer from rosacea and experience flushing and redness of their skin
- People with early aging changes and sun damage who desire healthier more youthful appearing skin
- People who don't want to take the time off to heal from laser resurfacing or chemical peels
- Active people who want to improve their skin but do not want to interfere with social or outdoor activities