Who is a candidate?
- If you have wrinkles on your face or around your lips that you wish to diminish.
- If you desire to have fuller or more defined lips.
- If you have deep nasolabial folds (the line between the nose and the corner of your mouth).
- If you have scars on your face that you wish to improve.
- Collagen can smooth out, fill in and decrease wrinkles.
- Collagen will plump lips and define the edges of the lips.
- Collagen can fill in and reduce the depth of the nasolabial fold.
- Collagen will fill depressed, acne scars.
- You should apply numbing cream for about 60 minutes prior to arriving at the office, unless otherwise instructed.
- An injection of numbing medicine (Lidocaine) may be used, if desired.
- Collagen is injected into the desired area.
Recuperation and Healing
- There may be some mild swelling after the procedure. Using ice will help to decrease this. Most patients look normal with make-up within one hour.
- Occasionally, mild bruising may be seen or small dots may appear at the locations where the needles were inserted.