Cause of death released for girl killed while trying to save kittens

Investigators examine wiring in house where girl was electrocuted
Authorities were back at the New Boston, Texas, house July 9 investigating what happened. (Source: Fred Gamble/ KSLA News 12)
Authorities were back at the New Boston, Texas, house July 9 investigating what happened. (Source: Fred Gamble/ KSLA News 12)

NEW BOSTON, TX (KSLA) - Officials have released the cause of death for the girl killed while trying to save her kittens from behind her family's clothes dryer.

Greenlee Maria, 10, died from accidental electrocution, according to the autopsy results. The autopsy was performed in Dallas.

Her parents, Scott Hendrix and Shelby Roos, lived in the home they rented for the last 15 months. Her parents believed that the home had electrical problems prior to Greenlee's death.

Copyright 2018 KSLA. All rights reserved.