EAST TEXAS (KSLA) - Voters in East Texas made their way to the polls Saturday to participate in the day's elections.
On ballots were a variety of mayoral, council and school board member contests along with bond proposals for several school districts.
- In Marshall, District 6 Commissioner Larry Hurta won re-election for his seat against William Fason.
- Center ISD had two separate proposals, one for $20 million and one for $10 million. Voters approved both.
- The nearly $6 million bond proposal for Carthage ISD passed.
- One of the big-ticket items for Pleasant Grove ISD is a new elementary school. The nearly $20 million bond proposal to fund that project was passed by voters.
- And in Jefferson, Charles Haggard will replace Carey Heaster Jr. as mayor.