CLAIBORNE PARISH, LA (KSLA) - The search continues for a 4-year-old boy who has gone missing in Claiborne Parish.
Authorities are combing woods off Louisiana Highway 152 about 15 miles east of Homer.
"We are going to stay out here until we find something," Sheriff Ken Bailey said.
Rondreiz Cortez "Junior" Phillips last was seen about 11:30 a.m. Thursday in the 100 block of Howard Road, according to an advisory just issued by Louisiana State Police.
An advisory was issued because the case does not meet the criteria for an AMBER alert.
The child's mother reported him missing about 12:30 p.m., the sheriff said.
Junior's mother says her son is an active and intelligent boy.
She also says they have only been living off Hwy 152 for a couple of months and she's set up boundaries for him so he wouldn't wander into the woods.
Authorities have since been doing grid searches of woods around the child's mobile home about 3 miles southeast of Lisbon.
A helicopter and a drone joined the search over the past two hours.
The child reportedly wandered off while outside with his stepfather, who may have been working on a vehicle at the time, the sheriff said.
Phillips' mother was in the mobile home at the time.
Authorities urge anyone with any information about the child to:
- Call 911, or,
- Call the Claiborne Parish Sheriff’s Office at (318) 927-2011 or 800-810-2011; or,
- Contact Sgt. Stacey Pearson, of the Louisiana Clearinghouse for Missing and Exploited Children/AMBER, by calling (337) 962-2605 or sending email to email@example.com.
State police issued an advisory about Phillips' disappearance because the case does not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert.
All three of these criteria are required:
- Law enforcement confirms a child age 17 or younger has been abducted.
- Law enforcement believes the circumstances surrounding the abduction indicate the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
- There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor and/or abductor's vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help the case.