SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Crews are working to fix a natural gas leak that sparked a fire.
It happened just before 4 p.m. Tuesday outside Royal Inn on North Market Street.
A Reliant Energy official said there is a break in a 4-inch steel main.
Workers have to turn off the natural gas service to fix the pipeline but should have it repaired within the next few hours, the official said.
They have yet to determine what caused the line break and what sparked the fire.
The fire erupted just as severe thunderstorms moved across Shreveport-Bossier City, producing hail and downing trees.
Now there are some 15,000 AEP-SWEPCO customers without electricity.
Those include more than 8,000 in Shreveport and more than 3,000 elsewhere in Caddo Parish as of 5:20 p.m.
A power line in Bossier City is reportedly down in the road in the 2200 block of Surrey Lane.
In Shreveport, a large tree was uprooted along Old Mooringsport Road.
And in Webster Parish, a large tree fell on a house north of Minden.