SFD: Man accidentally sets couch, storage unit on fire - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

SFD: Man accidentally sets couch, storage unit on fire

A Shreveport man is recovering after firefighters say he accidentatlly set a couch on fire Friday morning. (Source: Cody Jennings/ KSLA News 12) A Shreveport man is recovering after firefighters say he accidentatlly set a couch on fire Friday morning. (Source: Cody Jennings/ KSLA News 12)
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -

A Shreveport man is recovering after firefighters say he accidentally set a couch on fire Friday morning. 

The fire happened around 7:30 a.m. at a storage building in the 100 block of Braswell Road.

When firefighters arrived they reported that the home was fully involved in flames.

Firefighters say a man in his 60s was sleeping in the storage unit without utilities when he started a fire to get warm.

The fire reportedly spread to the rest of the storage, according to Shreveport Fire Department Spokesman Fred Sanders. 

Firefighters had the fire under control just before 8 a.m.

The fire also damaged a nearby mobile home, according to crews on scene.

Copyright 2018 KSLA. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • FDA recalls thyroid medications

    FDA recalls thyroid medications

    Wednesday, August 15 2018 6:47 PM EDT2018-08-15 22:47:31 GMT
    Their active ingredients weren’t sourced to proper FDA standards. (Source: Pixabay, file)Their active ingredients weren’t sourced to proper FDA standards. (Source: Pixabay, file)

    Their active ingredients weren’t sourced to proper FDA standards. 

    More >>

    Their active ingredients weren’t sourced to proper FDA standards. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly