(KSLA) - Tuesday was Election Day throughout Texas and in parts of Arkansas.
The polls now are closed, and the results are coming in.
Texans decided on 7 proposed amendments to their state Constitution.
One, if approved, would let banks and credit unions offer raffles and other prizes to people who open savings accounts.
Others address issues ranging from property tax exemptions for disabled veterans to reducing restrictions on Texans borrowing against equity in their homes.
In addition, some voters also faced local decisions.
BOWIE COUNTY, TEXAS
Voters in Texarkana, Texas, were tasked with deciding on changes to their city charter that address:
- City Council meetings,
- the handling of administrative departments,
- appointment of the city attorney,
- the city's annual audit,
- the mayor's authority,
- changes to the charter and council rules, and,
- three-year terms of office.
Other county voters were asked to consider school bond projects and tax proposals, among others.
DeKalb Independent School District
- $10 million bond issue for construction and renovation
- $2.5 million bond issue for the school gym
Hallsville mayor: Jesse Casey or Brandon Sheffield
Redlick City Council
- Place 1 member: Sandra Hartline or Lila Murray
- Place 2 member: Wendell Boozer or Mark Patterson
Sales tax reallocations in Hooks and New Boston
HARRISON/UPSHUR COUNTIES, TEXAS
New Diana Independent School District
- $5.5 million bond issue for construction and renovation
- Property tax rate increase
SHELBY COUNTY, TEXAS
Unexpired term on Center Independent School District's Board of Trustees: Shannon Denby, Greg Hubbard or Kris Kirby
MILLER COUNTY, ARK.
Texarkana, Ark., School District Board of Directors
- Bond restructuring for a new middle school
- Zone 5 seat: Laney Harris or Chrystal Marlar
- Zone 6 seat: Roger Douglas or Lissa Henry