(KSLA) - The first day of school is right around the corner.
And many organizations are holding back-to-school events and supply drives to get everyone ready.
If you have an event you would like to have shared on this page, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A community center in Marshall, TX is hosting a school supply drive. The drive will be on Friday, July 28 at the Smith Park, 700 Spring Street. Anyone with a question or who wants to donate supplies can email her at email@example.com for more information.
- The multi-specialty Highland Clinic launched a School Supply Drive July 15th – August 14th to collect supplies for distribution to Caddo and Bossier Parish Schools Title 1 Programs. Community members are asked to drop off “extra” school supplies to the dropbox locations on the main campus of 1455 E. Bert Kouns. Drop-off stations are located on the first and second levels of the complex. Supplies needed include boxes of Kleenex, hand sanitizer, #2 pencils, pocket folders, 3-ring binders, loose leaf paper, crayons/markers/highlighters, black/blue/red pens, glue or glue sticks, pencil holders, backpacks, lunch boxes and more.
- Shreveport's African-American Celebration Committee soon will hold its 15th annual back-to-school shoe giveaway.
- The footwear will be given away July 29 at Walmart at 6235 Westport Ave.
- Marshall Against Violence Back to School Bash.
- Aug. 15 at Smith Park from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Operation Homefront Back-to-School Brigade backpack giveaway
- One-hundred backpacks with school supplies will be distributed July 24 at Barksdale Air Force Base.
- Only families that register online can receive backpacks and school supplies.
- Praise Temple and the Northwest Louisiana CDC will be giving away backpacks and schools supplies.
- Tuesday, August 1 at the Shreveport Convention Center at 6 p.m. (Doors open at 4 p.m.)
JULY 29: Back-to-school health fair from 9 a.m. to noon at Sci-Port: Louisiana's Science Center, 820 Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway in Shreveport. Includes free health screenings, free flouride varnish, free backpacks, free admission to Sci-Port and door prizes. Co-sponsored by University Health in Shreveport. Click here to register.
JULY 30: Back-to-school bash from 5:30 to 8 p.m. in the gymnasium at Red River High School in Coushatta. Backpacks, school supplies, free haircuts and school uniforms and information from area agencies. Sponsored by United Way of Northwest Louisiana and Red River School District.
AUGUST 5: Friends in Unity City-wide Kickback. August 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the A.B. Palmer Recreation Center. The event will have giveaways for door prizes, hair dos, school supplies, haircuts and food. There will also be an empowerment class, carnival games, arts and crafts, a cake walk and face painting.