A key to hormone balance is the knowledge that hormones work in tandem with a healthy mind and body.
- First determine symptoms
- Test your hormones to identify specific imbalances
- If you need supplements, work with a doctor who follows
the 3 Rules of Thumb for Achieving Hormone Balance
(by John R. Lee, M.D.):
1. Give hormones only to those people who need them
2. Use only bio-identical (natural, human) hormones vs.
3. Use dosages that create normal, physiologic levels
- Avoid chemicals that mimic estrogens: synthetic hrt,
- Counteract stress with regular exercise
- Stop smoking asap
- If you need to lose weight eat less, workout more.
- Choose organic, hormone-free foods and products
- Get enough sleep
- Learn what your body needs to feel good
- Look for reasons to laugh out loud!
Excerpt taken from “Hormone Balance and Health,” courtesy ZRT Laboratory