ARKLATEX (KSLA) - High water has forced the closure of numerous roads around the ArkLaTex as a result of historic flooding along the Red River and its tributaries.
This list of reported closures will be updated as information becomes available:
- Hwy 108 at the Junction of Hwy 32 to the Red River Bridge
Additional State Highway closures can be found at
- US 259 north of De Kalb, Texas and Idabel, Oklahoma
- FM 559 from FM 1397 at Wamba to end of maintenance
- Clyde Fant north now closed at Grimmet
- Hilry Huckaby at Russell Road
- Holcomb Avenue at Old Blanchard Road
- Jack Wells at Clyde Fant to Airport Drive
- Wells Island at Mayfair
- Russell Road at I-220
- The 1700 blocks of Nash, Bonnie, Gain and Hall (all off Russell Road)
- 2100 block of Perrin at Hartman
- LA 1228 in Winn Parish
- LA 1226 in Natchitoches Parish, just north of the intersection of LA 1227
- LA Highway 84 at Clarence is being detoured
- LA Highway 478
- Hymes Road
- Johnson Chute Road, between Johnson Chute Bridge and LA-485
- Lake Loop, south end
- Front Street in Campti
- Sonny Black Road
- Mack Wall Road
- Pardee Road, near intersection of Gary Salard Road
- Clear Lake Road
- Montgomery Camp Road
- Tauzin Island Road
- Hampton Road
- Good Hope Road, near I-49
- Emmanuel Road, north of Bayou Barbue Bridge
- LA 1222 in Natchitoches Parish
If water is covering a road, officials are urging motorists to not try to cross. As little as 6 inches of water can float some vehicles.
Tips for drivers:
It is illegal to remove barricades blocking lower water crossings. Penalties can range from $200 to $1,000 and/or two years in jail.
Never try to walk, swim or drive through swift water.
If your vehicle stalls in deep water, leave it and move to higher ground if you can do so safely.
Turn around, don't drown.
Road conditions and traffic updates are available at: