"When that was all ready, we were basically waiting until Saturday," Colson explained.
That's when the unthinkable happened.
Just three days before the wedding, "I looked out the window, and the deck was on fire," Colson said. The fire spread into the house, but everyone got out safe. It took more than 12 units to put out the fire.
Caylin's wedding dress and her fiance's suit got heavy smoke damage. The family spent most of the day, trying to air the smell out, but thanks to the generosity of others, the bride won't have wear a dress that smells like smoke.
"Shreve Island's PTA is buying her a new dress," Colson explained with tears in her eyes.
Not just any dress- the exact same dress. One of the PTA moms worked hard to find the exact same dress at a store in Texas and is having it shipped overnight.
Colson says her daughter is ecstatic. "Oh she cried, she was so happy."
Gail's school's PTA didn't stop there. They, along with current and former teachers, jumped into action to make sure Caylin's wedding will go on as planned.
The help didn't even stop there. "A parent of one of the students happened to drive by, stopped and offered her yard for Caylin's wedding," she said.
One PTA member says, despite the circumstances, the group wants to make sure Caylin has the wedding of her dreams. "I'm just overwhelmed to everyone reaching out to help us," Colson said.
According to a PTA spokesman, PTA school funds were not used to help this family. All of the money came from the generosity of the group of moms and teachers.
Copyright 2014 KSLA. All rights reserved.