Longview duplex fire started in unattended kitchen - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Longview duplex fire started in unattended kitchen

A viewer photo of a duplex that caught fire Monday night in Longview. A viewer photo of a duplex that caught fire Monday night in Longview.
A viewer photo of a duplex that caught fire Monday night in Longview. A viewer photo of a duplex that caught fire Monday night in Longview.
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - Investigators say a fire at a duplex in Longview Monday night started in an unattended kitchen.

The Longview Fire Department responded to the fire at 10 p.m. Monday, at Scenic and Broadway.

Firefighters say a curtain was hanging between the kitchen and living room, keeping the smoke and the fire concealed to the kitchen area. No one was in the kitchen at the time of the fire, and everyone, from both sides of the duplex, were able to exit the home safely. No injuries were reported.

The Red Cross responded to the home, providing assistance to the displaced families.

The duplex sustained damage on both sides, totaling $55,000. 

Copyright 2014 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Powered by Frankly