Neighbor remembers fondly landlord who died in house fire - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Neighbor remembers fondly landlord who died in house fire

Posted: Updated:
MARSHALL, TX (KSLA) -

One man is dead after a house fire Sunday in East Texas claimed his life.

Richard Esley Weekly, 47 was killed when his home in the 2300 block of Sledge Road in Marshall went up in flames.

Family members were at the scene Monday trying to salvage what valuables they could.

Neighbors said there's a lot they'll miss about their former landlord.

"Just seeing him every day," said Claudia Wobbington. "He was always smiling. Like I say, anything I needed he always there, him and his wife was there for me when I needed them the most."

Neighbors said there was another fire two trailers over about three months ago. That one took the life of a family dog.

Copyright 2014 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow