Harrison County man dies from gunshot wound - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Harrison County man dies from gunshot wound

Harrison County man dies after being shot in the abdomen Harrison County man dies after being shot in the abdomen
HARRISON COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -

The Harrison County sheriff says a person has been killed by an accidental gun shot to the abdomen.

Around 11:45 p.m. on Saturday, Harrison County 911 dispatchers received a call for an ambulance and deputies to 1097 Ragon Road in Northwest Harrison County. The caller stated that a shot had been fired and one person had been injured.

Upon the arrival of deputies and EMS, a single victim, Ivan Dolley, 25, was found with a gunshot to his upper abdomen. Deputies found a witness doing CPR compressions on the victim.

Dolley was then transported to Good Shepherd Hospital in Longview where he was pronounced deceased from the gunshot wound at 12:40 a.m. Sunday. 

Investigators are currently discussing and interviewing witnesses who are giving statements. Officials say the incident appears to have occurred when the loaded weapon was being handed to the victim, barrel first.

Copyright 2014 KLTV. All rights reserved. 

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly