Fire investigators aren't sure what sparked a house fire Monday morning in East Texas, but they think it may have started near an electric heater.
The home, at 3922 Smith Road in Liberty Eylau, was in flames when firefighters arrived. A passerby spotted the fire and called 911.
No one was at home when the fire started, but the homeowner said he hadn't been gone long before it was reported.
Also, no one was injured in the blaze.
Fire Chief David Weslehoff said the fire apparently started in the middle of the house. The owner said an electric heater was left in that area.
It took firefighters 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.
Copyright 2014 KSLA. All rights reserved.
A pet goldfish is off-the-hook and alive after a micro-surgery removes a tumor from his brain.
1812 Fairfield Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71101
FCC Public File
EEO Public Report