Woman hospitalized in Madison house fire - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Woman hospitalized in Madison house fire

Posted: Updated:
MADISON, TN (WSMV) -

A woman was sent to the hospital in Madison Saturday afternoon after a house fire.

The fire started a little after 2 p.m. at a home on Anderson Lane.

Nashville firefighters saw a lot of smoke when they arrived, and when they got inside they quickly found the cause. An appliance sparked the fire, spreading flames around the kitchen.

A woman in the home suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns in the blaze. Fire officials say the house is salvageable, but not livable.

The Red Cross is helping the family.  

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow