A 2-alarm fire heavily damaged 4 apartments on the top floor of Shreveport apartment building Friday afternoon.
It happened at the Village Square Apartments in the 4200 block of Greenwood Lane just before 5 p.m.
Flames were coming out of the roof and windows of the apartment building when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was reportedly brought under control before 5:20 p.m.
Fire officials say the blaze is believed to have started when someone left french fries cooking unattended and the flames spread to 3 other apartments.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2014 KSLA. All rights reserved.