Carbon monoxide exposure sickens Shreveport family - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Carbon monoxide exposure sickens Shreveport family

Posted: Updated:
  • KSLA News 12 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Get ready for a sizzling weekend

    Get ready for a sizzling weekend

    Friday, August 22 2014 11:25 PM EDT2014-08-23 03:25:25 GMT
    One of the hottest weekends of the summer is expected across the Arklatex. Temperatures have been on a gradual climb this week and that trend will continue into the weekend. More >>
    One of the hottest weekends of the summer is expected across the Arklatex. Temperatures have been on a gradual climb this week and that trend will continue into the weekend. More >>
  • Suspect sought in E. Shreveport home invasion, assault

    Suspect sought in E. Shreveport home invasion, assault

    Friday, August 22 2014 11:13 PM EDT2014-08-23 03:13:42 GMT
    Police are looking for a man who allegedly barged into an east Shreveport home Friday morning and tried to sexually assault the homeowner.More >>
    Police are looking for a man who allegedly barged into an east Shreveport home Friday morning and tried to sexually assault the homeowner.
    More >>
  • Field set in Shreveport mayor's race

    Field set in Shreveport mayor's race

    Friday, August 22 2014 10:58 PM EDT2014-08-23 02:58:57 GMT
    The seven candidates to become the next mayor of Shreveport include an accountant, an evangelist, an educator, a legislator, a lawyer, a businesswoman and a retiree. All of them qualified to be on the November 4 ballot.More >>
    The seven candidates to become the next mayor of Shreveport include an accountant, an evangelist, an educator, a legislator, a lawyer, a businesswoman and a retiree. All of them qualified to be on the November 4 ballot.More >>
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -

A southwest Shreveport family has been rushed to the hospital, sickened by what fire officials believe was exposure to carbon monoxide.

Firefighters and EMS were called to a home in the 9400 block of E. Montego Ln. just after 10:30 a.m. for a family complaining of shortness of breath, nausea, and vomiting.

When fire crews arrived, they entered the home with a carbon monoxide meter and measured 124 parts per million of carbon monoxide. The acceptable OSHA 8-hour exposure to CO is 35 parts per million.

According to a statement released by SFD, 7 people were immediately removed from the hazardous atmosphere of the home and treated. 6 taken to area hospitals, including 3 children.

SFD wants to remind all citizens to install a carbon monoxide detector in their home if they have natural gas appliances, and to make sure they are serviced properly by a licensed technician. 

Copyright 2014 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow