BCFD: Child accidentally starts house fire with cigarette lighte - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

BCFD: Child accidentally starts house fire with cigarette lighter

Posted: Updated:
BOSSIER CITY, LA (KSLA) -

Bossier City firefighters say a child playing with a cigarette lighter accidentally started a house fire Tuesday night.

It happened around 5:45 p.m. at a home in the 1200 block of Margaret Street. Firefighters say flames were coming from a bedroom at the front of the home when they arrived at the scene. Officials say a woman and two children, an 8-year-old girl and a 2-year-old boy, were able to escape the fire without any injuries.

It took firefighters about 10 minutes to get the fire under control.

Copyright 2014 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow