Propane-fueled heater blamed for Vivian mobile home fire - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Propane-fueled heater blamed for Vivian mobile home fire

Posted: Updated:
VIVIAN, LA (KSLA) -

Fire gutted a mobile home located on Vivian Camp Drive just before noon Tuesday.  

Fire officials from Caddo Fire District 8 say the home had no working utilities, so the man who was working on the renovations was using a portable heater that was hooked up to a propane canister.

"The gentleman working on his house had a propane heater burning inside of it, and he left to go get a bite to eat, came back, and his house was on fire," said Fire Dist. 8 Fire Chief J. Paulette.

Firefighters had the canister placed a safe distance away while they fought the fire.

The mobile home is a total loss. Nobody was injured during the fire.

Copyright 2014 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow