Allendale home heavily damaged in grease fire - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Allendale home heavily damaged in grease fire

Posted: Updated:
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -

Firefighters say an unattended pot of grease caused heavy damage to a home in the Allendale neighborhood Wednesday night.

Firefighters say they responded to the fire just after 9:30 p.m. at a home in the 2000 block of Grover Street. When they arrived, smoke and flames were coming form the back of the home.

It took about 20 minutes for fighters to get the fire under control.  No injuries were reported.

A woman who was inside the home say she was heating up some grease and left it unattended. Investigators did confirm that the fire started in the kitchen on the stove top. Officials say the fire caused more than $20,000 in damage.

Copyright 2014 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow