Robert T. Phillips, 41, and Amie M. Duck, 38, were found inside the home in the 3500 block of Baywood Drive just before 11 a.m. on Christmas day.
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -
The two people found dead inside a southwest Shreveport home on Christmas morning have been identified, and the Caddo Coroner's Office says preliminary autopsy results indicate they died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Robert T. Phillips, 41, and Amie M. Duck, 38, were found inside the home in the 3500 block of Baywood Drive just before 11 a.m. on December 25, after a friend came to visit and couldn't get them to come to the door.
A gas powered generator was found in the kitchen with an extension cord extending to an electric space heater in the bedroom. Exhaust fumes had filled the home.
Evaluation of the scene showed no evidence of foul play.
The bodies were sent to LSU Health Sciences Center for autopsy, and Dr. Thoma confirms that preliminary autopsy results are consistent with carbon monoxide
Dr. Thoma says the final cause of death including time manner and cause of death will be released after the investigation is complete. Final autopsy results including toxicology will be required for completion.