Space heater blamed for apartment fire in Highland neighborhood - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Space heater blamed for apartment fire in Highland neighborhood

Posted: Updated:
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -

Fire officials say they now believe they know what sparked a fire Monday night that damaged a Highland neighborhood duplex.

Shreveport firefighters say the fire broke out just after 8:30 p.m. at the apartment building on the corner of Cornwell Avenue and East Olive Street. When firefighters arrived, they found a back bedroom in one unit engulfed in flames.

Firefighters say there was a total of five people living in three separate units. All of them were able to escape without any injuries.

Investigators say they have traced the source of the fire to a space heater and ruled the cause as accidental.

Copyright 2013 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow