The Shreveport Fire Department has identified the man killed in a massive house fire in the Lakeside neighborhood Monday morning.
73-year-old Lawrence Grant was found inside his home at 1429 Kenneth Street early on the morning of December 9, after his home had been destroyed by fire.
Firefighters responded around 3:45 a.m. to find the home completely engulfed in flames.
Grant's body was found in the kitchen. Neighbors say he had lived in the house for 47 years and described him as a very nice man who always looked out for others
Three other homes were also damaged in the fire. The cause of the fire is still unknown but a space heater was found in the home.
Family members who arrived at the scene at daybreak say Grant often had a space heater in the house and he used a couple of extension chords to power it.
Grant's death becomes the 7th fatal fire in Shreveport this year.
Copyright 2013 KSLA. All rights reserved.