Overheated wiring to blame for Longview structure fire - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Overheated wiring to blame for Longview structure fire

Posted: Updated:
Crews on scene at a residence on West Street in Longview Crews on scene at a residence on West Street in Longview
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - According to Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary, crews responded to a structure fire at a residence in the 2000 block of West Street Monday afternoon.

Residents returned to their home around 1 p.m. and saw smoke coming from the attic. Fire fighters were able to put out the fire by pulling insulation out of the home.

The fire was caused by an overheated wire going through cellulose insulation.

No injuries were reported. Pets were inside the home when the fire started but were removed safely.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Powered by WorldNow