Recreation area closed by Doce Fire set to reopen - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Recreation area closed by Doce Fire set to reopen

Doce Fire Doce Fire
PRESCOTT, AZ (CBS5) -

A temporary closure imposed when Arizona's Doce Fire ignited in the Prescott National Forest will be lifted on Thursday.

The Granite Mountain Wilderness, Granite Basin Lake and trails in the Granite Mountain Recreation area will reopen to the public at 8 a.m., according to Prescott National Forest spokeswoman Debbie Maneely.

The only remaining closure will be a section of the Box Culvert Trail No. 620 that goes under Irons Springs, from the junction of Trail 619 to Doce Pit Road.   

Visitors are asked to stay on existing trails as soils are still sensitive and susceptible to further erosion.

The Doce Fire northwest of Prescott exploded into Arizona's first major wildfire of the season in the middle of June. More than 500 fire crews fought the blaze that grew to more than 7,000 acres and forced the evacuations of hundreds of residents.

The fire started south of Iron Springs Road near Doce Mine and a target-shooting area.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly