Man taken to hospital with severe burns after touching high volt - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Man taken to hospital with severe burns after touching high voltage wiring

HARRISON COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - An East Texas man is in a local hospital after he was electrically shocked Sunday.

According to the Harrison County Sheriff's Office, 47-year-old Kenneth Bolyer received burns on his hands, right shoulder, and chest. The burns indicated that Bolyer had touched very high voltage and appeared to be shocked.

Upon hospital staff discussing the incident with Bolyer, it was learned that he had been at an unknown location attempting to remove electrical equipment and wiring without permission. The alleged theft occurred near Waskom.

The person who transported Bolyer to the hospital stated that he came to their residence in Bethany and stated he had just been electrocuted at a well site and needed to go to the hospital. Bolyer alleged made a statement to the fact that "I shouldn't have been there" to the person who drove him to Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview.

Bolyer was sedated upon arrival at the hospital and was unable to give a statement to investigators. Authorities will attempt to interview him in an effort to pinpoint the exact location where he was electrically shocked.

On Monday morning, Bolyer remained in Good Shepherd Medical Center. He is listed in fair condition with non-life threatening burns on his hands, right shoulder, neck and chest.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Powered by Frankly