House fire leaves elderly Van Zandt Co. man homeless - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

House fire leaves elderly Van Zandt Co. man homeless

Posted: Updated:
VAN ZANDT COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -

A morning fire in Van Zandt County has left an 82-year-old man homeless.

According to the Van Zandt County Fire Marshal, the Grand Saline Fire Department is working the scene of a mobile home fire on FM 1255 just outside of Grand Saline.

The Fire Marshal says the cause of the fire is a faulty electrical outlet that a window air conditioning unit was plugged into. The man was not injured, but did not have insurance on the home.

The American Red Cross is assisting.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow