Good afternoon, everyone! Hope it is going well for you.
Here is your daily dose of news to keep you informed and interested:
1. One of the hazards of summer in Texas: A truck pulling a horse trailer was traveling westbound on I-20 when the truck had a blowout. The blowout resulted in sparks that ignited six fires along the westbound side of the interstate. Details here.
2. A local vineyard is celebrating its first grape harvest this month with a week of events for food and wine lovers! Check it out here.
3. Do you think that the size and expense of kids' birthday parties has gotten out of hand, don't you think? Here is a list of five simple ways to cut the expense and still make a great memory for your kids.
4. 16 sex offenders found non-compliant in Van Zandt County when officers did a sweep recently in order to verify registration compliance on the county's 116 registered sex offenders.
5. For the aviation geeks among us: The Navy successfully landed a drone the size of a fighter jet aboard an aircraft carrier for the first time Wednesday, showcasing the military's capability to have a computer program perform one of the most difficult tasks a pilot is asked to do.
6. Jacksonville police have arrested a man they say sexually assaulted a 10-year-old child at Lake Jacksonville on July 4. The 37-year-old is in Cherokee County jail.
7. We have a new way for you to easily download the KLTV news and weather app for your smartphone! Just text App7 to 77997 now!
Here's the link to the livestream on KLTV.com so you can catch all our news this evening. You don't have to miss a thing (and you can watch live on our news app, as well!).
We'll see you soon,
KLTV Web Producer