KSLA News 12 – "Crank it Up" OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KSLA News 12, 1812 Fairfield Ave, Shreveport, LA 71101 and Jimmy Granger Ford, 251 Highway 171, Stonewall, LA 71078 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 6:00am Thursday, April 25, 2013 and ends at 7:01am Wednesday, May 22, 2013. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Caddo, Bossier, Webster, DeSoto, Sabine, Bienville, Natchitoches, Claiborne, Columbia, Lafayette, Hempstead, Howard, Sevier, Little River, McCurtain, Bowie, Miller, Cass, Morris, Titus, Marion, Harrison, Panola, Gregg and Shelby. All winners must be 18 years of age or older. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KSLA-TV, Jimmy Granger Ford, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. The winner cannot have won any contest on KSLA-TV or ksla.com in the last 30 days. Text and messaging rates may apply.
3. How to Enter. Beginning at 6:00am Thursday, April 25, 2013 and ending at 7:01am Wednesday, May 22, 2013 individuals can watch KSLA News 12 at 6am each day for the cue to text. Individuals can text the key word to the number given at the time of the cue to text or email the key word to firstname.lastname@example.org. One qualifier will be selected randomly each day. All entries must be received by 7:01am Wednesday, May 22, 2013 and become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). There is one (1) prize. The prize is a 2013 Ford Focus provided by Jimmy Granger Ford. The approximate value of the Ford Focus is $18,385. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. No prize can be auctioned or sold. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prize is Awarded. Viewers must look for the cue to text during KSLA News 12 at 6am. Each weekday, a qualifier will be chosen at random from the entries received and the daily qualifier will be notified by text message at approximately 10am each and announced on ksla.com. The prize will be awarded via a random blind drawing out of the daily qualifiers at 5pm on Friday, May 24, 2013 at Jimmy Granger Ford, 251 Highway 171, Stonewall, LA 71078. Must be present to win.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license with current address or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner, travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 5 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Daily qualifiers must be present at Jimmy Granger Ford at 5pm on Friday, May 24, 2013 or they will not be eligible for the prize.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KSLA News 12 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KSLA News 12 if KSLA News 12 reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. The prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each qualifier and the winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each qualifier acknowledges that KSLA News 12, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each qualifier's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KSLA News 12. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KSLA News 12 are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Jenny Smith c/o KSLA News 12, 1812 Fairfield Ave, Shreveport, LA 71101. All requests must be received by June 30, 2013.