Smith County home 'total loss' after Monday fire - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Smith County home 'total loss' after Monday fire

Posted: Updated:
SMITH COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -

Fire crews responded to a house fire in the 10500 block of Twin Oaks Drive, also called County Road 212. 

One man was inside at the time of the fire. He had been smoking outside and placed his cigarette butts in a can covered with a towel. The butts ignited the towel and the flames spread to the porch and then to the home. The man woke up from a nap to find the front side of the home on fire.

No one was injured in the blaze, but the home was a total loss.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow